Sunday, August 31, 2008

The longest 5 minutes....

This weekend has been pretty busy. We went bowling on Saturday. Robby was working with me on using some new techniques. So needless to say I didn't bowl very good. I average about 140, but I didn't on Saturday. The boys bowled pretty good too. Cade can throw it down the lane. Carson had a couple of strikes... he got to throw the ball about 4 times I think. We stopped by to see my Mom afterward and the boys ended up staying with her.


I have to tell this story just because I think that it is so funny and it is something that would only happen to my sister.... My Dad went to Shelby on Saturday so before coming home he stopped at her house. While we were at my Mom's, she got a call from Heidi.. The only part I heard through the phone quite clear was "You could have warned me." Heidi had a bunch of girls over and was having a party (not a home interior party either....) !!!!! I can just see her face when my Dad walked in the door.


Mom and Dad came over this morning and we went to Johnstown for their big flea market. I didn't find anything that I couldn't live with out but the of course the boys did. I also got the scare of my life. I can't even describe the panic I felt. We were looking at charms for Heidi's bracelet and we were almost done and we looked up there was Cade and no Carson. I went up the rest of isle and down the next isle and no Carson. I was going into panic mode. Where was my son and what if I couldn't find him. All these what if's kept going through my mind. This place was so big how was I ever going to find him. Then I heard over the speaker. "We have a Carson Michael here and he says his Mommy is lost." My heart broke and the tears that I was trying to contain just started flowing. I ran to the office. I couldn't even tell you what anyone in the office looked like. I just saw my son and scooped him up into my arms. He didn't go very far for the rest of the day.




1 comment:

sara said...

Average 140!? I am so happy if I break 100! :) It has been forever since I've played....
YES. A L O N G five minutes!!!! How scary, but soooo glad it all worked out fine!!!!