Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I am "Back"!


"The Manley's"
What a picture it took us about an hour to get this. We did it ourselves.
We set the timer on the camera. You should have seen the first couple of pictures!

I can't believe it has been since November since I last posted. Boy, does time fly! We are almost at the end of February. I have a feeling March is going to fly too. We have something going on almost every weekend. I am ready for "Spring" here in Ohio. We have had snow and cold for the last couple of weeks and I am so... done with this weather. I am ready for spring and to get in my garden and just be outside.

Just a little update...
Thanksgiving was really good. Everyone came to my house for Thanksgiving. Every year I come up with a new way to fix sweet potatoes. This year I made twice baked sweet potatoes. They were really good.

We started a new tradition at the Manley house for Christmas Eve, we attended Church. Christmas was spent at Heidi's. Bobby and her fixed everything. Because of course I forgot my stuff on the table at home. It never fails I always forget something! My mom did fix some desserts. She made the best grape pie. She made it with grapes from Grandpa Maier's vine.

We spent the New Year at Mom's with Lasagna and Sauage and Saukraut what a combination but it was really good. We had the Mahon Christmas at the Church hall. Everyone was there, Mamma and Daddypa were both able to be there this year. Not everyone was there, Wesley and his family did not come. It really upset Aunt Helen and Mamma, but if that is the way he wants to be.

The story with Wesley is long and hard to explain. I haven't seen or spoken to him in more than a year. In order to deal with the situation I let it eat at me for a whole year. After the year Robby and I have had I just couldn't do it anymore. I turned to God and he has helped me through alot of this. I have forgiven Wes and I realize things with him will probably never be the same but if I meet God tommrow I want to look at him and say that I do not have a heavy heart because I was unwilling to forgive. One day I hope that Wesley will be willing to forgive, I pray for him. Robby, the boys, and I attend Church every Sunday now. It has helped with our relationship and with our life in general.

The babies are about to start coming in "The Family"

April, Katie "Maier" Boda, Boy

April, Joyce Booker (Blake's wife), Girl

June, Heidi Arms (Mahon), Boy

July, Amanda Mahon ( Wesley's wife), I don't know what they are having, but they want to find out this is their last one. They have two boys, James and Jonathan

August, Kayreen Mahon ( Derick's wife), to soon to tell, but I think they are finding out too. They have a little girl, Kaylin.

2 of our family friends are due to have babies this year too.


Message to Aunt Marilyn and Sara:
This would be a great year for a "girl" trip to Ohio. We would love to see you!

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

I am glad you are back blogging. I check your blog every week. I am really happy that you have found a way to find some peace in your heart about Wes. Life is too short. I am also so happy that you are going to church. Each of us are so blessed...we need to take time and count those blessings...when something is wrong, I bet we can find at least 5 things that are right...each day is a blessing and even each challenge we face..Heavenly Father is always right there to help..we just need to ask...that is the miracle...we are never truly alone.
Hey..you never know...a girl's trip just might happen! Let's keep our minds open to that idea! Love you...hang in there, mm

Marilyn said...

Hey Carey....the chicken was great..you get the holder for the can at Wal-Mart...it is a great way to do chicken and the meat is so moist. I hope you try it sometime...be sure and preheat the BBQ...then turn the two burners in the middle to low...or if you have a two burner....have one burner on high and put the chicken on the other over low. It is a healthy way to go...except, if you can't resist that crispy skin!

sara said...

Carey!
so glad you are BACK! The update was nice! Twice baked sweet potatoes! YUM! And Grape Pie!? I've never had it! How awesome that she made it from Steve's grapes - REALLY!?
You sound like you are in a really good spot, that is wonderful. And how wonderful you guys are attending church as a family! I think Marilyn is right - we are never truly alone. There is a peace that comes when you put it in the Lord's hands. I am happy for you and happy that you were able to forgive! Very neat.
Wow! LOTS o' babies this year! Marilyn and I will have to see if we can work something out...